Interesting facts about the Moon

Interesting facts about the Moon

The Moon is the only natural satellite of planet Earth and is the fifth largest in the solar system. Its importance focuses on being in charge of directing the tides on our planet, keeping the climate stable and the cycle of each of the seasons. Similarly, the phases of the Moon (New Moon, Full Moon, First Quarter and Last Quarter) are used by many people to cut hair, wax, plant and harvest crops.

Undoubtedly, knowing some of the interesting facts about the Moon allows us to have knowledge regarding that large round figure that we see every night and that is constantly investigated by NASA, so much so that a few years ago it was known that there is water on this surface .

Long before it was stepped on for the first time, that is, in 1969, scientists had already been investigating and analyzing the Moon, because there were always doubts about this satellite and today many of them have been resolved. , but not others, which leads us to show you some interesting facts about the Moon that have not been widely disclosed.

Interesting Moon Facts

  1. The Moon moves 3.78 centimeters away from the Earth each year.
  2. The body weight of a person on the Moon is reduced by about 15%, due to the minimum gravity that exists in this place.
  3. On the Moon, small earthquakes also occur several kilometers from the surface and this is due to the gravitational force of the Earth.
  4. We only see 59% of the Moon from Earth, the other 41% is what is known as the far side.
  5. This satellite presents temperatures between -233°C and 123°C.
  6. Lunar dust is highly dangerous, because it produces silicosis, whose disease seriously affects the lungs. It is easy to stick to the astronauts' suit due to low gravity.
  7. The Moon has no atmosphere, so there is no wind. Also, if you have the opportunity to go to this satellite you will notice that there are many footprints there, even yours will remain for all eternity.
  8. Likewise, it is presumed that there are about 180 tons of garbage on the Moon for 70 years.
  9. The craters on the Moon are due to an impact of space rocks that occurred millions of years ago.
  10. Twelve men have gone to the Moon, the first of them was Neil Armstrong in 1969.

The interesting facts about the Moon allow us to be informed about some topics, to know its history, aspects that characterize it, how many people have stepped on it, research that has been done and others.


ARTICLES

Interesting facts about the Moon

Interesting facts about the Moon

Knowing some of the interesting facts about the Moon allows us to have an understanding about that big round figure that we see every night.

Mysteries about the Moon

Mysteries about the Moon

With this natural satellite we find many mysteries about the Moon, which make us understand a little about its importance on planet Earth.

What is the Lunar Calendar and what is it for?

What is the Lunar Calendar and what is it for?

The Lunar Calendar is the way to calculate the years according to the phases of the Moon, where each lunation corresponds to a lunar month.

Lunar calendar to cut hair 2022

Lunar calendar to cut hair 2022

Currently many people, especially women, are guided by the lunar calendar to cut their hair, as they trust these methods.

How to take advantage of the energy of the phases of the moon for your life

How to take advantage of the energy of the phases of the moon for your life

The lunar phases are charged with energy that influence the earth and people's lives. Here we tell you how to take advantage of it to get benefits.

September 2021 lunar calendar for haircutting and waxing

September 2021 lunar calendar for haircutting and waxing

Below you will find the best days according to the September 2021 lunar calendar to cut your hair and wax. Read on and find out what they are.